Friday, September 16, 2005

算盘

Hubby recently introduced 算盘(suan pan )to Wien, teach her some simple mathematic calculation. Ever heard of this? I dunno what it call in English, but this was used in the old time. But as you can see from the photo, this is new version算盘; of course there is another type which use in school… Wien can counts using算盘, I can say she did very well…credit goes to hubby for spending time to teach her on this…we are proud to her progress though she still yet to enter any school.

4 comments:

jazzmint said...

it's called abacus :)..I've used that before hehe..like it, but when figures get too huge, I got all mixed up hahaha..

Wien is sure clever girl, got it all correct :)

LHS said...

Is abacus, i never learnt on using abacus, but i know abacus is better than calculator (for simple calculations)

Mumsgather said...

They teach them how to count using the abacus in school these days don't they. In my time tak dak, so I don't know how to.

Jess said...

i oso duno how to use..must learn one day, if not when both girls enter school & ask me how to resolve the maths, then i say mommy duno le..sure kena laugh by them..