Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Art of Calligraphy

This morning read Jazzmint blog on Faythe’s baby hair, make me think of some people nowadays us baby hair to do calligraphy pen (毛笔). This was very hot in Singapore early this year; I ever read it from local newspaper. When Lyon was born, she also has lots of hair, same as Faythe. Her hair was soft and long too. Maybe due to I ate lots of fish, one experience mummy told me this! During pregnancy with Wien, I dislike fish as I hate the fishy smell, that’s why she does not have much hair as compare to Lyon. So when Lyon come to full moon, SIL asked me whether want to keep Lyon’s baby hair or not, cut it & make it into a calligraphy pen or not. I refuse as I will not cut her hair until she is 4 months old. Wien also does her first hair cut when she is 4 months old. Why? You must be asking this..because me & the daddy scare the saloon girl will hurt their soft soft head lor!! BTW, why must all babies trim/shave their hair during full moon? I think in Malaysia to use baby hair to do as calligraphy pen culture is not as hot as in Singapore; also no idea where can find the shop in Malaysia. But in Singapore yes, parents there do send their baby hair to do it & keep it for memory. As I read from the newspaper, they can sell it at very high price too, about RM1000+..mummies, will you do it for your next baby?

7 comments:

mom2ashley said...

huh? use baby hair for calligraphy pens? hmmm

I have not cut/trimmed/shave Ashley's hair yet due to the same reason as you - am afraid the person doing it may injure her soft head!! somemore they cant keep still....

Sue said...

for me, i prolly won't do it for new baby since I have not done it for Ivan, me very strange one... always think what they have must all be equal >.<

Lazymama said...

I didn't know about the calligraphy thingy at all! Rm1K, hmmm...so expensive....don't think I will do it.

Anyway, I didn't shave my girl's hair during full moom, only trimmed a bit. She has lots of hair too when born.

Egghead said...

why baby's hair??
so weird!!
my boy got his hair cut every now and then... because he is very heat intolerant :)

Jess said...

All:
Before that I also din know that calligraphy pen can make from bb hair, only first baby hair, not later growth one. As they claim first bb hair is the softest hair ever find.

jazzmint said...

hehe i heard of this too when my fren from singapore told me..but very sayang to cut lerr..and i haven't found Faythe's hair which I've trimmed and keep!!!...Wuahhhhh

ZMM said...

In M'sia got ppl make the hair into calligraphy brush also meh?

Zara so little hair, can only make into the 小楷 brush.