Monday, November 14, 2005

Sewing Skill

My MIL has a very good sewing skill, she likes to sew many stuff since before marriage. She can sew dresses, shirts, pants, doll/toy, curtains, bedsheet, bags, sofa set, quilt etc etc...During younger time, due to come from not so rich family, plus she has the strong interest in this field, so she tend to make those stuff by her own; even most of the dresses for all of her daughters ( my SIL) are handmade. She like to make dresses for Wien & her other granddaughters, here are some of Wien's dresses that make by her. Wien's lion dance pant Wien in her butterfly suit She ever made few dresses/long pants for me too, after I described to her how the dresses look like after my window shopping in some botiques. She can made almost 90% (or exactly) as what I told her le! Before marry I always wear new dress or shirt to office, in a month I could have at least 1-2 new dress, of course la, future daughter-in-law ma! Now hardly can have new dresses from her as I already learn the sewing skill from her, so have to do by my own liao! But mummy busy taking care kids, so hardly have time to do sewing too! Anyway, I still manage to do dresses for Wien during her nap time last time! When Lyon start walking liao, I will also try to make dresses for her! Try to be fair for both of them! Dun play play hor, me also pandai sewing one, I ever sew for my wedding bedsheet ( with ruffle around the edge too!), curtain, gown (wear in during my wedding photo session too), Wien's dress & my dress..etc! My next target is to learn how to make kebaya, MIL knew it, so will learn from her too!Poor thing is I am handful with the 2 girls now. If got time, I tend to nap with them or do house chores. I am impress on this handmade dog..... Youngest SIL told me, her mum made this for her more than 20 years back; after they saw it in a shop. Due to expensive price, MIL did not buy it; but she made it instead. She still kept it nicely in cupboard, recently only taken out & let Wien & Lyon play with it. Wien called it Mok Pluto..haha..

8 comments:

Babysmooches said...

That is simply amazing!! Eh, you want depart your knowledge ar?

Lazymama said...

Wien and Lyon are so lucky! Yee Ching never got any dress from my PIL, not to mention the hand sew clothing.

My hands are like wood, can't sew anything!

Sue said...

those are really inpressive la... so good you can sew, or at least have someone there to teach!

mom2ashley said...

yea! sweing is a skill which sadly, I don't have! my mum's really great with the needle and all..keep it up. some mommie even make handmade stuff and sell it online! check out http://www.livejournal.com/users/limelady/ and the other blog links in that blog.

Annie said...

Hait! Sifu... "drink tea".... *bow*

Those dresses Sipo (Sifu' MIL)make are like bought one hor..., Sifu hor??? hor??

jazzmint said...

kekeke..annie so fast bow to sifu liao hahahaha...very nice lerr, i like the butterfly baju...Now I really miss my MOM, she sews dress for me as well when I was young. As for me, memang ngam ngam pass in sewing lah...setup a class lah and teach all mommies, I'd love to sew for my kids too if possible. My MIL only made patchwork for us, tarak dresses and hanky panky stuff :)

ZMM said...

Wow, not bad to have such a talented mil.

Mummy, Wien and Lyon untung!

Egghead said...

can I place an order?? :P