Friday, January 20, 2006

First summon

Yesterday early morning (abt 8.30am)I kena one summon from police; while driving towards office. It’s my fault, for not stopping at a T junction. Right after I turned left, there are 2 policemen there. I also not fasten my seat belt (so bad driver hor!!). I used to fasten seat belt while half way driving, or after some distance after my house…should practice to do it right after I seat onto my driver seat NOW!! Well, I still manage to fasten it before the policeman ask me to stop. He questioned me why not stop just now and want me show him my license. No good reason I can gave since he saw everything. So he said he will summon me on this. I did not talk much to him too as my negotiation/arguing power is poor, you want to summom me, summon la. I afford to pay wan (chewah chewah..seem like money no place to spend hor!!). I also did not offer him any kopi-money, scare he will charged me another sentence pulak, you will never know..since now they are wearing “Anti Rasuah” badge!! In fact, how effective this badge ha? Back to office, I pass the summon sheet to my HR, since he always settle this kind of summon for my boss. Hopefully I can pay less or escape from paying!!?? He phoned the policeman he knew to discuss on this. Later he came and ask me to go to police station before noon to see this policemen, as he claim he can help me to settle this. I ask why I must go now and how he is going to help me? I said I dun want to go and see this policeman as I dun trust them too..(in fact I scare he will ask me do the squatting le…aiyo, really takut le). My HR said if I go now and show the sheet to him, he can check from the system whether the summon being keyed in or not, if not yet key in, then he can settle this. At last my HR go on behalf of me..keke… About 11.30am, he back from police station, he told me the summon being filed; I have to pay the compound. Wow, since when our policemen so efficient , so fast update those summon within not even half a day?? Never mind, I pay lor. Original amount is RM300 (so much ka??), after appeal is RM150 ( 50% discount??), but due to the policemen knew my HR, so he offer me RM70( Really??). Whatever amount it is, the most he can bargain is RM70!! RM70 I can buy at least 2 pack Mamy Poko, or one can Enfakids (1.8kg ) or 2 can Enfalac le!!! Hai, next time really have to be ikut undang-undang while driving...奉公守法.. Hope this is the first also the last summon in my life...

10 comments:

Egghead said...

so many crazy drivers out there... but they wanna catch you... sigh!

Jess said...

弱质女子好欺负嘛!应该多多向Michelle 学习!

Jess said...

Michelle:
Your response quite fast hor! But this police never hint anything le, maybe he is waiting for me but me really duno how to ask for chance!!

mom2ashley said...

ai yo....luckily you didn't give them kopi-money also....at least this policeman who summoned you is doing his job right la.

Sue said...

If it's me I also won't say anything about kopi money, coz me really dunno about negotiating these kinda things also... summore now lagi sked if backfire hor...

Tracy said...

Ha, ha, ha, I have never got any traffic summons and I'm very sure I'll never get any summons.

Wah, u were unlucky and lucky. Unlucky to have received the summon and lucky dat ur summon can be discounted. Really saved a lot there. It pays to learn ur lesson to follow rules in future, kekeke.

Princess Yoyo & family said...

you are lucky bcs no accident happened! touch wood! touch wood! ^^ remember to drive carefully, fasten safety belt and follow rules lah, my husband shakes his head every time he sees me driving in pg. ;)

jazzmint said...

aiyakss...kena saman!! me oso leh, for speeding. I gotta pay RM150!!!

Sabrina said...

Hehe..Me always obey the law. Only hubby will kena summon all the time.

Jess said...

mom2ashley:
Besides this, I used to be a GOOD driver though! Just bad luck on that day!

sue:
hehe..looks like our negotiation power skill also poor hor!

tracy:
wah, u so sure wouldn't get any summon ka??

Yoyo's mama:
I used to be a good driver le..count me bad luck lor!

jazzmint:
U pregnant also speedy ka? salute u la..better take care wor..

sabrina:
my hubby so far never kena summon le..