Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Insurance, yes or no?

Medical insurance for senior citizen so expensive. Anyone's parent own it now? Guess most of them will stop buying when they reached 55. I have a thinking in my mind now: whether want to invest this onto my PIL or not? My own mum did has a medical insurance in hand now, suggested by elder sister, seconded by my brother. Is not cheap though. We are medium range family, if anything happen to my mum (* touch wood*) that need huge amount of medical fee, I dun think can take out so much money in such short period! Even afford to pay, later will short of cash in hand too! *sigh* (oh money money, u are so important to us!) My sister's MIL admitted to private hospital few weeks ago, spent lots of medical fee. She doesn't has any insurance too. Now she has the same thought as me, invest or not to? Now back to my PIL, they dun have any medical insurance now. If anything happen to them, (*touch wood*) surely hubby got to bear all the cost, as he is the only son in the family! Perhaps his other sisters might give a hand too! What is your opinion? or did anyone of you can suggest a good yet affordable plan to me?

11 comments:

Lazymama said...

You should get them the insurance cover if can afford coz medication cost nowadays is really high! And make sure the terms have guarantee renewal after claims!

My mother is currently on dialysis treatment under govt hospital but later will transfer to those NKF centre. To think of the medication cost, I feel breathless too coz I am the one supporting them 90%!

Egghead said...

fuhlamak... dun ever let any insurance agent read this post... otherwise you will be stalk everywhere you go... LOL!

honestly, malaysian still quite lucky becoz they have gaoment hospital to fall back on if they dun have medical insurance... otherwise... die lor :P

sqkiki said...

my mother just bought 1 medical card plus life from Prudential ler..monthly installment = RM200...Agents said the cost will remain the same wor..won't change according to age wor... so this one still can consider lah..quite expensive oso lor..but wat to do? no cover lagi susah...

lisaOne said...

this is a serious topic. you post has just remind me that i have been taking things for granted - always in the mind that "the worst" won't happen.

my parents have their own medical insurance and same with my in laws but since my medical are covered by the company, i never really bother to check the details...it's time to think about the "what if" situation...

mom2ashley said...

yup, both my parents have insurance as snr citizens and yes.....it will be a good investment.

Michelle said...

my parent also no medic ins...no money send them to GH only lor...GH now, quite good also provided u know some orang kuat inside :)

Jason Lioh said...

Loc Kee selling insurance also leh, you can contact him gua. :)

Allyfeel said...

My Parents has medical insurance when they were younger. It come in handy now that they are older especially mom. She has been admitted to the hospital several times and all cost are bare by insurance.

My PIL don't have insurance. My Fil doesn't believe last time, now he is not as healthy as before, he spent a lot of money now for himself. Lucky thing is he can afford. What if he can't. I think it's good to at least has one plan. Myself, BB and hubby also have.

Lazymama said...

Just want to add one point, GH does not guarantee to give patient every kind of treatment. It has to depends on what illness and hospital's budget. Like my mother's case, dialysis has to be put on waiting list for 2-3 yrs in GH. If the condition is really critical, how to wait that long?

Michelle said...

but i think if you are a government servant, they'll give you the priority.

Anonymous said...

buy valium buy valium in london - valium diazepam uses