Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Night night...but don't want to sleep.

Little Lyon sleep very late nowadays. After change her into pyjamas, feed her milk, then she will look for her smelly blanket and pacifier. She will waive night night to everyone before enter her bed room (my bed room lar), at the same time she’ll tell everyone: 我要睡觉了,night night…. In the room, she will sing or hum song, roll here and there. After tired of singing alone, she will ask mummy to sing too. She will tell mummy which song to sing. Sometimes I purposely sing wrongly, she’ll correct me. When she bored, she will find excuse to come out from bedroom. She will tell she want to pee, I ask her to pee in diaper, but she said want to pee at her potty….sigh…no way I can stop her. Take off her diaper and bring her out. She was so happy, sitting at her potty and refuses to stand up even though she had finished peeing. Tell you, sometimes she can demand up to 5 times that she want to pee, but in actual, she only pee one time. Then I and she can in and out from the room up to 5 times too! This can drag till 12am!!!! One day I caught her weakness. Dogs bark very loud at night, guess they are fighting. She scared and quickly rolled to me and closed her eyes. At the same time, she pats her chest and telling me: 阿妹怕怕! (Ah Mei scare scare!). I tell her if scare then better sleep now, else the dogs will keep barking and they may come to our house then! LOL….then I sing to her, very soon she fall asleep already! : P She likes to watch dogs and cats, how come so scare ler? I also don't know. So now if she still refuses to sleep, I will make dog, cat or insect sound, and it works most of time! LOL…bad mummy ya....don’t worry, it wouldn’t cause her nightmare!

18 comments:

Tracy said...

Hahaha, what a way to get Lyon to sleep. But no choice hor? At least she goes to sleep after u scare her, if not jialat lor.

Whenever Destinee refuses to sleep early, she'll oso have lots of excuses to go out of the room. Want to 'shi shi' lar, want to drink water lar, want to check whether kakak has gone to sleep or not lar, want to 'ng ng' lar, want to eat something becos hungry lar ..... aiyo .....

Anonymous said...

Lyon really know how to bully mummy.

ZMM said...

We have to be innovative sometimes huh as mummy, and occasionally, tell some lies. :P

shoppingmum said...

I'll just switch off the light when it's about bedtime, and let my boy cry for a while, or play by himself in the dark. Then, he'll lie down and go to sleep. But he'll always say he wants another book when I tell him lights off. So, there's always one last book to go lah...

Vien said...

LOL! Good trick. I might use that when Belle is a little older. Right now I threaten her I'll leave the room if she doesn't stay still on the bed. Last night she did that..I really wonder if she actually understood it. Hmm...

mom2ashley said...

wah.....hope that trick will last

Egghead said...

my son also ler... these few days dun wanna sleep... I try knocking on the bed and tell him police is outside pulak... LOL!

maybe the weather is not cold enuf? :(

blurblur said...

kekeke...mummy has to be 做狗做猫 sometimes huh..poor mummy...;p

IMMomsDaughter said...

I use the motorbike like the way you use cats & dogs. Mei Mei is scared of motorbike as I always tell her got bad guy. Heh heh

IMMomsDaughter said...

I use the motorbike like the way you use cats & dogs. Mei Mei is scared of motorbike as I always tell her got bad guy. Heh heh

Jess said...

Tracy,
this 小瓜 very tricky, she can give me many excuse, just to come out from the room too!
Wien also sleep late, but she will just lying on bed, sing or talk to MIL, seldom find excuse to come out.

Michelle,
One reason: she not scare me! My fault!

Zara's mama,
LOL, i been telling lies many time lor.

Shoppingmum,
no light in our room but got light from outside which she still can see me.

mom2ashley,
i hope too!

vien,
haha..i know your belle recently also sleep late ya!

egghead,
not becos of weather lar...they just too playful & active now!

blurblur,
有时也做牛做鸡叫!哈哈!

Imm,
hahaha..u also use same trick as me ya! Thought me the only bad mummy!

LHS said...

Emm...then is better time to stop her using diaper since she wants to pee even with her diaper. Last time my son also said wanted to pee even with the diaper, but i just kept telling him to pee in his diaper and now just too difficult to wean off the diaper.

Jess said...

HS,
she didn't wear diaper during day time as she will tell us. But at night cannot ler..still small for me!

Mumsgather said...

Luckily for me the kids are always happy to go to bed and will stay there with me beside them of course. So usually I will take them to bed only when I am sleepy myself so we can all fall asleep together. My girl will ask for stories and I set a limit of 3 as for my boy he will talk or sing to himself until he falls asleep.

Mumsgather said...

Luckily for me the kids are always happy to go to bed and will stay there with me beside them of course. So usually I will take them to bed only when I am sleepy myself so we can all fall asleep together. My girl will ask for stories and I set a limit of 3 as for my boy he will talk or sing to himself until he falls asleep.

Anonymous said...

oh o...finally u found her weakness. JJ sometimes also refuse to sleep, then i switch off light, and dont bother her..and i also sleep beside..slowly she will fall in sleep.

Jess said...

MG,
you are indeed very lucky!

irene,
hehe...is a passing phase i think, most kids are like that!

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»