Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lost

Received shock news yesterday evening. One of my Malay colleague’s baby was detected no heartbeat; she is enter 5th month pregnancy now.

All the time she went to goament clinic for check up, and the clinic only arrange her for the scanning in month 5th. I remember I ever asked her go private clinic at least once before she enter 3rd month, but she said goament clinic also got scanning wan, dun worry. To me, first 3 month is the most critical period, if your baby is safe in these 3 months, I can tell you are going to have healthy baby in next 6 months time. I am not bias goament clinic by the way, but I am just not happy why the scanning only takes place after 4-5 months??

So what happen to her then? No choice, the doctor did D&C and take out the unborn baby. I am sure she’ll be very sad now, she is difficult to conceive, and after marriage nearly 1 year only gets pregnant. Now lost the baby, only those who ever lost baby (like me) understand her feeling now. Really hope she can go through this period.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo, pretty sad case. This govt clinic must be held responsible.

Shannon said...

so sad... must be tough for her...

Anonymous said...

aiyo.....so sad so sad....tell your friend to stay strong leh!!!

Sasha Tan said...

hmmm...somethings..are meant to be. thats why i dun agree with those doctors that say no need to do scanning...all bullshit.