Saturday, December 08, 2007

Spock

Previously Friendster and Myspace very popular in internet, almost everyday I will receive invitation from online buddy asking me to join these network. Usually I will sign up for fun since through this way, I can keep record of contacts into my accounts as well as birthday reminder to remind me their actual birthday, so that I will not miss out anyone of them. Lately Face Book become popular instead of the two that I mentioned earlier. This must be another fascinating program that make us crazy to poke or send virtual gifts to our online members if any. Again I also sign up Face Book just for fun as I can keep connected with my friends in case I ever lost their contacts. Who know one day I may able to find my long lost contact friends in future.

Now I learn another people search engine like Spock, where we can search people by name or by tag lines which consists of a personal piece of information such as brown hair, brown eyes, Hollywood actress, and many more. Those tag lines are created by the person or by other Spock members. Every time when you do the searching, Spock will personalize your results to include information that is relevant to your network. On top of that, you can also add and modify information that Spock finds about you on the internet. Therefore the people who are searching for you can find you, and more importantly, that they can find the right information about you. Sound interesting, right?

Spock.com - The Best Way to Search People had received industry acclaim and awards from respected technology luminaries. They were also selected as Best of Show at the prestigious Web 2.0 conference and as one of PC Magazine's "Top 25 Websites to Watch" in 2007.

I had tried to use Spock to search for Jet Li, my favorite actress during college time. Wow, I didn;t know that his name will be in Spock too! Look, what is my search result!

Spoc

0 comments: